"Spent" Limericks
A fellow whose last dime was spent
made his way to the holy tent.
Never one to be a scoffer,
he reached into the coffer,
nonexistant funds to augment.
A woman whose last dime was spent
pleaded with the government:
Please give me some money;
I deserve it, Honey.
I don't know where earned money went.
These limericks were shared in Mad Kane's Humor Blog, a site I am participating in for the first time! She shares the first lines, and we are challenged to complete them. The first lines of both my limericks were given by her.
I think yours should win Mad-Kane's limerick-off contest, Mary.
ReplyDeleteYou did an excellent job with the limericks. How fun.
ReplyDeletenice...i dunno where my spent money went either...oh you said earned...smiles....
ReplyDeleteWelcome to my Limerick-Off! I'm so glad you joined in and I hope you'll be a frequent participant. (I post a new one weekly, usually Sunday or Monday.)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
haha I now where the money went
ReplyDeleteIt was taxed and taken by the government..haha
Good ones Mary! I would have to look up the limerick form but it looks like you got it! And woe to those whose last dime is spent!
ReplyDeleteStrong social commentary within the form. Well done.
ReplyDeleteVery clever limericks, Mary. I haven't done any for ages, although I think they are fun.
ReplyDeleteMany layers to this, Mary. Interesting and fun to read.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is so funny. I love limerick and did try them for a while but could never post to Madeleine's blog. Sigh. Not sure why. Maybe I should try again. I love reading limericks, too.
ReplyDelete