Wordle #1
He stones me, I scream, no one hears,
then sets my thatched roof on fire
with embers from the hearth.
I am still breathing, barely.
The gate is open. I grope my way,
cannot make it, my heart fluttering.
My eyes flash fear, as I smell death,
taste it as it makes its approach.
Thousands of thoughts are bubbling,
thoughts I had long forgotten.
I see my life pass. No time to rebuild.
I lived life fully, death's not in vain. God?
Wordle #2
The hearth, yes the hearth,
we must rebuild the hearth.
Bring the stones set by the gate.
Though we grope in darkness,
all will not be forgotten
as long as we are breathing
hearts fluttering, memories flashing.
We'll work hard, thousands will,
yes thousands, we have connections,
and we'll repair the thatched roof too.
These two poems were written for Brenda's Sunday Worldle (Mr. Linky will be posted on January 8). The words we needed to include were: thatched, hearth, fluttering, breathing, flash, gate, stones, grope, rebuild, thousands, bubbling, forgotten. Each poem uses all of the words. Thanks, Brenda.
i find the repititon in the second a little humorous...as if the worker is so busy working their record keeps skipping a bit...ha.
ReplyDeleteMary- You did two... you go girl! The words where very easy to work with this time, don't you think?
ReplyDelete(I especially like the first one).
Mary, I love these pieces for their reflection of Thich Nhat Hanh's work. Thank you for each one. They are excellent companion pieces....I can imagine the same setting in each.
ReplyDeleteA tour de force - TWO! I prefer the first.
ReplyDeleteTHe first poem is tragic and horrifying. the second holds the kind of hope I feel for the world on good days. Together stone by stone we can rebuild the hearth.
ReplyDeleteTwin companions..one ending in death and the other a rebuilding. There's much reflection in these pieces, Mary, as Brenda said.
ReplyDeleteThe first reaches me strongly, but, I am amused at the twinning of your second poem and mine.
ReplyDeleteAnd, two...I may have to go back and try that.
margo
I love the difference between the two. The first seems almost as if it's hopeless, the second as if the person has to much to do and wants to get it all done before everyone arrives. Very good writing Mary!
ReplyDeleteI am glad to learn that the person lived in that second poem. The first one is full of suspense and action and I like it best. It gets my heart racing, hoping.
ReplyDeleteI like what you did with the words... I wonder just how many you could write?
ReplyDeleteTwo poems! Bravo, Mary! Your first wordle is like a terrible nightmare, where there is no escape. Your second wordle is full of hope and renewal! Nice juxtaposition.
ReplyDeleteTwo poems? Wow, Mary! I like the first best. It is solemn, but good.
ReplyDeletePamela
Same words, different directions, both emotional. good job!
ReplyDeleteTwo strong poems, with vivid contrasts in tone and direction. The first one saddens me and the second amuses with its busy bee rhythm. Well wordled on both, Mary.
ReplyDeleteNice Mary. Two such different tones and moods from the same words. I love how many different directions one can take with the wordles.
ReplyDeleteTwo wonderfully drawn pictures you've created in these poems.
ReplyDeleteI cheated...I read your wordle before doing mine...oops! and you did two! Good for you. I'm going to try mine today...hopefully. My muse is cantankerous lately...
ReplyDeleteI liked both, but the second resonated with me more... I felt something insistent and powerful in the second.
ReplyDeleteThe two are so different, at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of hope. The first is very, very immediate, like a nightmare that one struggles to wake up from. I like the repetition in the second.
ReplyDeleteWell done, both.
Two very strong pieces. I too wrote more than one but the underlining theme stayed the same. I am very impressed by the sheer contrast of your poems.
ReplyDelete