Pages

Monday, September 15, 2025

My White Treasure

 


My White Treasure


In pristine white, you gleam and shine,
dear Honda CRV, you're mine.
No car before has claimed my heart
the way you have, right from the start.

I park you far from crowded spaces,
protect you from scratches and traces.
Every two weeks, a careful wash,
your spotless beauty makes me gush.

I vacuum your mats with gentle care,
and dust your dashboard everywhere.
White like fresh snow, pure and bright,
you fill my drives with such delight.

Your backup camera guides my way
(I'm terrible at reverse, I'll say).
Your heated seats take away winter's chill,
the steering wheel, warmer still.

Through Apple Maps, we find our way,
while music plays—different each day--
melodies through your speakers clear,
or podcasts that I love to hear.

Of all the cars I've loved before,
you've opened up a special door.
My hybrid treasure, white and true,
there's never been a car like you.

15 comments:

  1. Obviously, you're thrilled with your car. Given that paeon of praise, it should reward you for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is a very snazzy car. Beautiful and gleaming. One to treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never owned a car under twenty years old. LOL. I needed to carry a whip to get them up the hills.

      Delete
    2. Sherry, you make me smile with needing a whip!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Mary, this poem is a joy ride. Yeah, I agree with Sherry, a very snazzy car indeed.

    ReplyDelete




  4. She is pretty, Mary. You are taking good car of her, she will last you a long time, our family car, a 211 Cad now has 162K miles now. I do have a play car, a 1998 Mustang Convertible, she has had good care taken of her, 113K miles.
    p.s. Do you name your cars? I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Mary I have a white HRV and I love my car. Mine has some dents but, I just ignore the blemishes. You take great care of your car. Hopefully, she will be kind to you for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shiny car on all the ways you make it shine and lift your soul! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a treasure Your poem is full of joy honouring your car literally as well. Ours doesn't get spoiled that much. She is a beauty though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this car is going to spoil you. Not all cars are this nice. You might inherit your grandmother's car, it happens. I now have my mother's car, a 1974 Ford Mustang II Ghia with only 67K miles. It has a stick shift as she wanted. Too good to sell, my kids don't want it, but I'd like to keep it in the family, and is taking up garage space here. Dilemma for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you could get a lot of $$ for that 1974 Ford Mustang if/when you ever DO decide to sell it. Cool car!

      Delete
  9. "No car before has claimed my heart"
    How clear you make this! Love the rhyme and the form you use. It could be a song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Mary! Your four-wheeled baby which you love so much as your poem says. I used to feel like that about my Eunos 2-door sports car that I had when I was younger. I got it brand new and clocked up nearly 200,000 km on it driving all around Australia. No problems at all. One of the best cars I've had. I've stuck with the Mazdas and now I have a very utilitarian Mazda 3. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I had to look up Eunos 2-door sports car! We never had them here, but I see it is related to Mazda, which we do have. The Eunos looks pretty cool. 200,000 km. Wow. Obviously you took good care of it.

      Delete
  11. Nice! It pampers you and you pamper it! There is something about driving a car one loves--and you've written it perfectly here!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.