Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blues

Blues can visit on a cloudy day
or one that is blessed with sun
It can be caused by a happening
or by something left undone.

Blues can sap one's spirit
bring a strong person to her feet
but Blues can also be music
hear the harmonic beat

One can see blue in a boy's cap
worn on a windy fall day.
or enjoy blues with young and old
hear the saxaphone play.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you play with alternating rhymes in this poem - having two lines in each stanza fhyme - and I like all the blues blowing through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you play with alternating rhymes in this poem - having two lines in each stanza fhyme - and I like all the blues blowing through.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.