Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The World Waits

The World Waits

The world is waiting for a repairman
who has the answers. Many profess to
know solutions, but are claims based on
facts and substance or mere image,
smoke and mirrors? Is there real hope in promises,
or is hope a childlike illusion? Stand with your flag,
cheer, strike up the band, put faith into the unknown,
believe change is the answer, no matter what direction.
Smile, clap your hands, cheer, different will be better.
Close your eyes, believe verbiage matters.
Someone knows what is right, what is truth.
The Pied Piper enchants. Follow. him!

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! I see you are posting poetry again! I like the irony in this one about the Repairman. Pied Piper indeed. (I wonder where the Pied Piper got his name. I think 'pied' means something like spotted or two colors). Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited you are posting poems again. The concept of world repair is intrinsic to Judaism - probably to CHristianity too but I don't know that tradition as well. Here's my short short poem to the same prompt.

    Now

    World awaits repair.
    We dare not wait.
    We repair.

    Victoria Hendricks - October 21, 2008

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.