Night
Night
cold and dark
I enjoy home
everything accomplished
relax, slow down, decide
what I will do with the hours
I have left tonight,
bliss in peaceful moments,
too few, way too few.
Tired, I know tomorrow
will be another long day.
My eyes begin to close.
I sleep.
cold and dark
I enjoy home
everything accomplished
relax, slow down, decide
what I will do with the hours
I have left tonight,
bliss in peaceful moments,
too few, way too few.
Tired, I know tomorrow
will be another long day.
My eyes begin to close.
I sleep.
There is a restful mood to this poem Mary and I know the feeling you are talking about. There is something different about these feelings at night from when you have gotten things accomplished during the day. Nice work.
ReplyDeleteI always love those hours when the day is done and I can have that night time to accomplish things I want at a pace I want. Those peaceful moments are heaven for you right now I am sure. May you have many of them as you work through your long days.
ReplyDeleteAccomplished night - good feeling. I hope you rest well.
ReplyDelete