Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Without Squinting

Without Squinting

Without squinting, I almost see it
the joy of Christmas is still out of sight
made invisible by the snow that is
falling and the wind that is howling
and the blanket of cold that surrounds all
but I do know it is there somewhere
just beyond the snow-laden trees
and the mounds of drifted snow
Christmas smiles will appear one day soon.

2 comments:

  1. I like your Christmas hope in the snow poem Peg - interesting to me that the poem I just wrote has similar echoes.

    Winter Solstice - 2008

    Temperature hovers just below freezing.
    Pillowed clouds hang pale, low, full of snow.
    Hannukah candles await dusk on silver tray.
    Empty menorah reminds us light returns
    before the glow is visible. Energy wakens
    today, first day of winter marks beginning
    of spring's green hope, promises flowers.

    Victoria Hendricks, December 22, 2008

    ReplyDelete
  2. I goofed in my first comment. Mary, Mary, this blog and this wonderful poem is yours, not Peggy's. I was checking fast at work and I just missed which blog I was looking in. I really like the poem.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.