Smoke
Certain kinds of information are like smoke
that gets into your mind, makes you choke
as you try to force it out. It clouds your
mind until you can think of nothing except
how to rid yourself of what you wish you didn't
know. Then after your energy is almost spent
you realize it is impossible to make it go away
or ignore it, so you realize you must either resign
yourself to accept the smokey presence or
it will kill you, as it is stronger than you
if you try to fight it off.
Ah beware the smoke of knowledge! Excellent take on this one. Some kinds of knowledge really are like that.
ReplyDeletestriking and intelligent analogy between smoke and the information one DOESN'T want to know and can't not know - suffocating and toxic at worst, irritating and annoying at best. And we can't UNKNOW after we know. GOod concept, good poem.
ReplyDeleteI think those smokey thoughts that get in your mind and you have to deal with it because it won't go away. I'm sitting here writing this at 3:27 a.m. because the smoke in my brain won't leave me so I'm reading your poetry instead of dealing with it. LOL Guess I'd best deal with it so I can get some sleep.
ReplyDelete