Forest
Forest
dark and silent
walk quietly
do not disturb
my reverie.
My mind wanders
as I walk
the path which
leads between
trees that bend
into me
hold me tight
in strong arms
My life is
wooded green
mellow
shielded by bark
with deep roots.
For Sumana's prompt at What's Going On? -- "When Nature Takes Your Breath Away"

I love thisp oem, especially your closing stanza. So beautiful. "My life is wooded green...."
ReplyDeleteI felt a deep, pervasive silence in the poem. Your words walked me through the greenery, Mary.
ReplyDelete"My life is
wooded green
mellow
shielded by bark
with deep roots." --- Words to be savored forever.
This is the essence of a walk in the woods. Beautiful.
ReplyDelete"trees that bend
ReplyDeleteinto me
hold me tight
in strong arms"
I relate to this so much! Beautiful imagery for the feeling of being part of the forest. Powerful writing!
Your poem is a beautiful meditative walk where one becomes part of the forest. Lovely poetry for today.
ReplyDeleteMy life is
wooded green
I love the sense of comfort you feel in being embraced by nature - Jae
ReplyDeleteSuch a space is where I love to breath in deeply and let the atmosphere refresh and relax me. So soothing--like a spa.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem, with an outstanding ending!
ReplyDelete