Creation
In the beginning God created
heaven and earth,
wildlife and plant life.
Raise a glass, make a toast, know I'm not far away. As you look for me out of the corner of your eye or find me in your dreams, picture me with a smile and happy, know that we will meet again.
Creation
In the beginning God created
heaven and earth,
wildlife and plant life.
Last, God created humankind
and was pleased with
all that had been made.
Humankind was special,
meant to rule over nature,
and it was good.
But humankind lost its way,
and here we are today.
I wonder if God regrets.
And I wonder if God still
loves those created
in God’s image.
And if God is powerful
enough to create
this world we inhabit,
Why doesn’t God use
that power to restore it,
to change the hearts of Man?
Written for Susan's prompt "Creation" at What's Going On?
"But humankind lost its way,
ReplyDeleteand here we are today."
I have the same questions that you pedestal so beautifully in this poem. They made me displace (?) THE creator and replace it with nature and spirit, though how can we so bend and break them? We are meant to be part of them. We are part of them. Keep doing the good you do to make the balance right again.
What a mess we have made of our beautiful world. What will our descendants inherit?
ReplyDeleteI ponder these things too. I think God must weep at the turn humankind has taken. Maybe experiencing the consequences of our own behaviors and choices will force us to change our ways. Though I do see some folk as irredeemable.
ReplyDeleteA poem of loss but also a hope for our spirits - jae
ReplyDeleteYes totally relevant questions I think he gave us freewill and we couldn't handle it
ReplyDeleteDuring creation humans were given free will and let's just say bad choices have been made throughout time. How do we find our way back?
ReplyDeleteI have a cousin who says if Trump was that bad, God would remove him! I wanted to tell her we are God's hands, but it would have done no good.
ReplyDeleteRelevant questions that I ponder a great deal.
ReplyDelete