ANGER
Anger bites,
gnaws at my insides.
I feels so hopeless
cannot find a way
to rid myself of this anger
that hangs on.
One person single-handedly
destroyed this country
and is doing a good job
of destroying the world
as it was when I could smile.
There is nothing
I can do with this
anger that sticks
in my throat
nauseates me
takes away my joy.
I feel hopeless rage
at this person,
his syncophants
who say yes to his whims,
all those who took
a wrecking ball to the world.
I boil, seethe, shake my fists,
scream, pound the walls,
my stomach churns.
I am sickened, I wretch.
My angst comes to nothing.
Just one more depressing day.
Written for my prompt at What's Going On? -- "Anger"

Yes, I so understand these feelings, Mary. I share being distraught, outraged, in disbelief at how out in the open the incompetance and corruption are. I try to hang onto some semblance of peace at least within my small home, to balance this, but it is a tricky balancing act, as things get worse and more dangerous by the day, and they spout lie upon lie.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are all going through the drama created by your narcissistic needy 'leader.' It's encouraging that other leaders are standing up to him now, despite his threats and spite.
ReplyDeleteThe poem not only reveals anger but also its outcome, a kind of helplessness fraught with fear. You are truly chronicling your times through your words. So well put, Mary.
ReplyDelete"Anger bites,
ReplyDeletegnaws at my insides."
You so clearly characterize the rage that eats at us! A powerful poem, Mary. I used to have outlets for my anger, outlets in group action and creativity, but now, not so much. Just the writing, and lately, a deflating feeling, as the steam finds a way out.
I hope there is some relief to be found - Jae
ReplyDeleteI can feel that red-hot, easily understood anger.
ReplyDelete