Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Tranquility



Tranquility

There is that moment
just before sunrise
before the world goes bright
when I look out my window
as the stars share their last light
and know that life is good
and I lie for a while immersed
in the feelings of  tranquil peace
before rising to greet a new day.

This poem was written for Poets United Midweek Motif, where the theme is tranquility.

28 comments:

  1. There is nothing like looking at the very early morning sky and having the time to do it. I feel that when I am working I do not appreciate the serenity of a beautiful sunset, even when the route is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary this is absolutely gorgeous!! The peace & tranquility which can be found as we look forward to a brand new day.. lovely :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blessed beginning to any day! Your poem brings the serenity of which it speaks. I will do this more consciously tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate so much to this poem. Yes, I too find tranquility in these moments. Lovely poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely awakening....sigh. Just lovely, Mary!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that time of the day really seems tranquil to me. You captured the feeling well here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That moment in time is indeed beautiful. Well-penned. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little peace sure should never cease

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very special moment....I often see that moment outside my studio...just before the sun rises over Taos Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As the stars share their last light - beautiful. Wish I had written that. That is indeed a special time of day when it seems the world is holding its breath for just that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, a sacred moment! I need lift my blinds for sure! Thank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing like this rising dawn...I love the mention of the stars, "sharing" their light. Beautiful, Mary...thank you for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing beats that promise of a new day, does it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that moment too, and the phrase you used "the stars shine their last light.".
    "

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree. That is a lovely, tranquil time of day. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly an awesome in-breath of morning

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a perfect way of wakening... Sometimes I wake in the middle of a nightmare instead... yours sounds so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes that transitory period although fleeting between asleep and awake can be the best part of the day..quiet..somehow more private and meaningful...and yes..tranquil - a wonderful poem

    ReplyDelete
  19. a day well spent with work good deeds love and prayer..brings peace

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite time of day! Written so well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. And your poem expresses such bliss too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too, do like to take a moment and reflect on life's blessing. And then, of course, it up and at 'em and (in the words of the jon treloar poem) once more into the fray. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best time of the day for time, except when its time to dress up for work ~ I hear you on how it is the most tranquil time of the day ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary, I do this most of the time. I would wake up early before sunrise and get a drink then come back to my bedside and look out the window at the unknown outside. then I lie back down and nap a little to fully waking up again by sunrise. great feeling i tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely, that is a quiet and peaceful time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with you, mary. The early morning is a tranquil and most peaceful time — it's time to take a deep breath, sip some coffee or tea, and dig in with minimal distractions...Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Delightful, Mary! I am an early riser myself and you have described beautifully that morning mood of tranquillity. We are lucky to be able to enjoy such wonderful moments on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.