A Hurting Heart
Sometimes there is
no help for a hurting heart
except to look away for a time
read a book, go to the gym,
take a walk, cuddle a dog,
watch a series on TV,
play a word game with friends.
bake banana bread, write a poem,
take a nap, organize a drawer,
eat ice cream, listen to music.
These are some simple ways
to help a hurting heart.
For Sherry's prompt at What's Going On: Help for Hurting Hearts

Help for a hurting heart! I like your list and find myself in it (except for dog, I would put cat). Meal times--times around a table with friends--especially lift my heart. I am lucky not to live (yet) in the center of the troubles, so I take a lot of time "off"--much more than I admit in my poem.
ReplyDeleteThese are definitely the ways to help a hurting heart and I do all of them. (I "rent" the dogs! lol.) I cling to these comforts especially through these turbulent times.
ReplyDeleteYep there are and you have recounted all of them except for the cuddle cat and maybe give the gym a miss:) Lovely poem....Really enjoyed this one.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautifully optimistic poem - all those seemingly little things can really heal a hurting heart - Jae
ReplyDeleteWell written All great ways to help the hurting heart Take care
ReplyDeleteI agree but the hurting heart can still lie in wait for you to run out of ice cream or put down that pen. Ambushes.
ReplyDeleteSometimes distractions help us forget a bit about the hurt. I fear it still lurks especially in the quiet moments. Great suggestions Mary and I use quite a few of them.
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful helps. Baking calms me down, and takes me
ReplyDeleteaway, as does writing. Walking worked as well, but I haven't been able to get back to that with the weather being so awful.