Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2026

Just Circle

 

source


Just Circle

Some days I just circle, go nowhere.
Every day a walk with my dog for about an hour,
the same path I always take just to move,
and I go to the Y to walk the treadmill,
and do my strength training to accomplish something
and to live to be a healthy 102.

But as I circle I think too much about the world today,
which is not good, so now I listen to an audio book
or read on the treeadmill to block the noise of the world,
to cover the pain with a story.  Today circling is all I have
in me. Move, just move. I wear myself out until I tire. 
Today's journey is not a direct path or straight line.


For Susan's prompt at What's Going On? -- Journey











8 comments:

  1. "Today circling is all I have
    in me. Move, just move. I wear myself out until I tire."
    Circling is definitely part of my life as well. This is a deeply felt poem. I like the title and the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I resonate with "to block the noise of the world, to cover the pain with a story." I do that too. We choose peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem reveals to me that you are a powerhouse and full of positive vibe. Walking is good and uplifting and shutting out this world is even better. "Move, just move." This is life force. Great lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To a healthy 102? Well that would be quite an accomplishment Looks you are spending your time wisely and I love "Today's journey is not a direct path or straight line."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Circling has its risks but there is enough outside the circle to make us all a little dizzy. Ritual is good, it helps us make sense of a small part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it does feel like a cycle - I hope you have moments of stillness too - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Circling can be comforting as well. Yes, there is tremendous noise
    in the world right now.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.