Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hope



Hope

The attic of my mind is
my tranquil refuge where,
though incongruous images
sometimes jangle and rattle,
calm voices pierce the silence,
spark stray splinters of dissension
to sprout holy seeds that propagate
profusive as weeds into sacred visions,
remembrance of happiness, hope.

This poem was written forThe Sunday Whirl, using the words  holy, image, rattles, jangle, splinters, fear, forthress, weed, pierce, vision, voices, sprouts.

25 comments:

  1. A lovely, uplifting piece, Mary! I liked "attic of my mind!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My attic is running out of room, think there is any way to expand it?..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The attic - a repository for things not needed immediately but too valuable to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the positive take you made of these words, Mary. Your attic is doing just fine, my friend,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, this is wonderful. Twelve wordle words woven perfectly into a tapestry. Huh, I seem to be stuck on “w.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and inspiring words, Mary, in dark times, your light shines brightly. I especially love "remembrance of happiness, hope."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree... very hopeful and uplifting. I love the attic mind, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Mary. You have a great skill with wordles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skills are showing Mary - enjoyed as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary I loved this one~ I love the seeds and thoughts of hope~ It was really beautiful, great images arrived reading it~ Well Done!xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this poem, the message and the images of a tranquil refuge in "the attic of your mind" and "remembrance of happiness, hope." You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! Incorporating twelve diverse words into a condensed theme is no mean feat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a very positive and powerful take on those fearsome wordle words. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked this Mary, especially. . .
    "to sprout holy seeds that propagate
    profusive as weeds into sacred visions,
    remembrance of happiness, hope."

    Worderfully wordled! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I read this yesterday, thought I left a comment too but see I didn't.
    Yes, I agree, it is full of hope and gentle in its flow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. You are so good at these wordles; at making sense of them. The ending is so powerful and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your hope and the way you captured it, Mary. Once again you have not only tackled wordles, but raised them to a true art form.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the idea of seeds of remembrance of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible, the way you knit those disparate words together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the attic image.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perhaps there is a little remembering of "who" we are, it the mist of longing and sorrow. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary, This is beautiful writing. Each word disappears into the whole, and the reader is left with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really beautiful, Mary.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.