Raise a glass, make a toast, know I'm not far away. As you look for me out of the corner of your eye or find me in your dreams, picture me with a smile and happy, know that we will meet again.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Illusions
Illusions
Jangling celestial rhythms
jostle memory, winged
spectors dance on my balcony.
Divine illusions observed?
Their emerald bones clatter,
ominous pantomimes
fill the void, wings flap
flutter. Phantoms, fly away!
(Written for Wordle 13, which can be found at The Sunday Whirl, using the words emerald, flap, balcony, void, bones, rhythm, ominous, divine, illusion, pantomime, celestial, jostles, observe.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mary, This is excellent writing. I like that you "jostle memory" with jangling sound. It's a beautiful opening to this piece. Then "bones clatter," bringing sound to the reader again. This is a dark piece, but has a playfulness to it at the end. I enjoyed it, and am glad you are a faithful wordler. :)
ReplyDelete~Brenda
Makes me think of a wind chime outside a bedroom window..coming alive at night..when you're alone and thinking..a delicately written and resonant piece..Jae
ReplyDeleteThe sounds in the piece is really effective in chasing away the phantoms!
ReplyDeleteMary, I too was reminded of wind chimes, sounding in the night, chasing away whatever phandoms might be dancing through the speaker's mind. Tightly woven and well written,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
You really seem to have a talent for wordles, Mary. A pleasure to read.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful use of the wordle words, Mary. I especially love "winged spectors dance on my balcony". Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful ethereal wordle, Mary. love this!
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful response to the wordle, Mary. I am thinking I should not read others, before writing my own, lol.
ReplyDeletePam
I never do the wordles, Mary. You've made me at lease consider it by creating this concise, clearly focused piece.
ReplyDeleteNice Mary--I like where you took these wordle words. I am really enjoying wordles.
ReplyDeleteWonderful piece... reminds me of my wind chimes.
ReplyDeleteVery otherworldly and ephemeral, Mary. Well written! And the fairy image fits it beautifully.
ReplyDeleteCharming poem. Lovely piece!
ReplyDeleteEnchanting poem, Mary, and the image you chose to accompany it is perfect. As some others have said, it reminds me of a beautiful wind chime.
ReplyDeleteMary- I thought of birds outside your window, (but I can also see wind chimes). I wish I could choose a favorite part, but I love each and every word.
ReplyDeleteMary: I do enjoy all your work, but you sure have a knack for hitting prompts on the head. Also love your ability to find just the right images to go with them. ~Paula
ReplyDeleteI like what you see.
ReplyDeleteI hear the flap and flutter. Ingenious use of the words.
ReplyDeleteWell done Mary... as I continue to struggle with this one.
ReplyDeleteI could never pull off wordle, I love the way you just put this together to make it sound great.. I even like the picture
ReplyDeleteI love how you packed an entire story in eight lines. And the alliteration throughout [I keep finding new ones as I reread!] are part of what makes the poem work.
ReplyDeleteLovely mix of the wordle words. I struggled with this this week for some reason.
ReplyDeleteSo little added and so much gained.
ReplyDeleteThis is like a wind chime dream catcher.
Oh, I liked this very much. Such imagery.
ReplyDeleteStrong and eerie Mary. It frightens me, as I think you intended to frighten the reader. Well done.
ReplyDeletegood job mary :)
ReplyDeleteI love the first line; such an unusual juxtaposition of words.
ReplyDeletelove this one,
ReplyDeleteelegant imagery.
I like 'Their emerald bones clatter' - shiveringly good:-)
ReplyDeleteLove this and you have used the words in such a way that they are seamless. Wonderfully done :)
ReplyDeleteaeria