Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Dark Times

Dark Times

It's not always comfortable
the chair is a little too soft
and the news a little too bleak
for my liking.

And my back hurts when I rise.

I try not to wrap myself around
the discomforts of the day
my stomach turns and back hurts
when will I feel good again?

The food is not always delicious
but it is all I have and I don't
want to go hungry or starve
for lack of news or pears.

I am aware of what I'm seeing
but refuse to embrace it
I try to keep my courage
wish the fear to be gone

It's not always comfortable
the chair is a little too soft
a bit too easy to sink into
for my liking.

And my back hurts when I rise.

Wild Writing 
Day 14


2 comments:

  1. You have created a grim picture of your shelter-in-place days. I hope the food improves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you begin and end with the same lines. The last line is especially powerful, as one can imagine more than the back is hurting, given our situation. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.