Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

Peeling Potatoes is a Form of Prayer

Peeling Potatoes is a Form of Prayer
(thoughts while peeling potatoes)

Let's get away from platitudes
there are evil people
call it for what it is
evil is evil
racism is racism

packing plant workers are hispanic
their lives don't matter
they are expendable
meat packing is an essential business
so the plants cannot close
if people get sick so what
if people die so what
there must be meat

open up the state
go sit in the bar
with your maga hat
forget social distance or masks
they are for sissies
have another beer
if people get sick so what
there must be beer.

Day 22
Wild Writing




2 comments:

  1. All sorts of thoughts come to me while I peel potatoes, or any other vegetable for that matter. Currently, I do not always have a lot of nice thoughts either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, telling it like it is. I love and echo every line. It all boggles my mind and makes me so incredibly WEARY.I have enough hope to make it to the election. But this group better not get re-elected. The world cant take it.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.