Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Everything is Precious

Everything is Precious

Everything is precious
every plastic bag has a second use
perhaps for an extra roll
or carrot peels or dog waste
throw very little away, 
repurpose what you can
in these pandemic days

Everything is precious
hand sanitizer is gold
dish detergent is silver
hope they won't run out
shampoo, hand soap, toothpaste
how long will they last
in these pandemic days

Everything is precious 
how much chicken in the freezer
how many potatoes, carrots,
zucchini until we run out
what happens IF we do run out
when we DO run out
in these pandemic days

Everything is precious
the last shriveled orange
crust of bread, piece of cheese,
cookie, vitamin, dab of hand cream
and time is very precious 
in these pandemic days

Everything is precious!

Wild Writing
Day 9

4 comments:

  1. This rings so very true! We need fewer things, but what we need feels invaluable. There are items that I hardly dare to use, for fear I might run out. If I had realized the scope of the confinement and what it really entails, there are things I would have purchased then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is precious indeed, especially being able to breathe freely, no virus strangling us......and time most precious of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hand sanitizer is gold
    and gold itself however is pretty darn useless!

    Pandemic has shown us what is truly essential

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is precious including each life. I finally found dish soap the other day at the family dollar store. I got a tip to go there. Crazy times for sure as I put on my mask and headed to the store. I was able to purchase two and the store only had a couple of customers so I was very happy to have little interaction.

    Enjoy each precious day Mary...

    peace and happiness are found in the simplest things these days.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.