Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Thoughts That Keep Me Awake at Night

Thoughts That Keep Me Awake at Night

I wonder when this will come to an end.  How?
When will the rain stop?  Is the sump pump working?
will water flood the basement? Why can't I sleep?

Will it be safe to go to the dentist in July?  Will I ever go to Costco
or Trader Joe's again?  I wonder if the stock market will crash further.
Will there be issues with the condo association?

Why aren't some people friendly at all?  What did I do to them?
Should I buy a new car?  Even if the old one works well?  It almost
smells new sometime.  My hair is getting too long.

What if I need a plumber or or need some other repair?  Would I let
someone in my house?  What other unused stuff can I throw out?
Will I miss it if I do?  I haven't used the things anyway, but still.

I am so hungry for pizza.  I miss family dinners even though sometime
they were a lot of work.  I wonder if the grandchildren miss me.
They don't text or call unless I contact them.

What can I read? What can I watch?  What can I do?  All this time
being wasted.  Will I ever wear anything besides sweatshirts
and jeans?  I am glad to have enough shoes and socks.

I want to plant herbs, so somewhere, anywhere.  Where can I go?
Who cares about me?  Who misses me?  Who do I miss?
I wonder when this will come to an end.  How?

Wild Writing
Day 26

3 comments:

  1. This is how it is, for sure....try growing herbs in pots, you can actually grow them well in containers..........I suspect we are living a new normal and the virus will be with us for some time to come. Stay safe. My jeans and sweatshirts will last the rest of my life, as I only wear them when I go out. I wear fleece pants and a tshirt indoors, which is where I am nearly all the time now. LOL. My hair has gotten LONG. Third time around at being a wannabe hippy? Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This unprecented time certainly brings questions I never would have envisioned. I think you also convey the deep anguish behind some of these questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ignore the unfriendly people! and no need to wear anything besides sweats and jeans if you ask me :')

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.