Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

This is the Everyday We Spoke Of



This is the Everyday We Spoke Of

I wake up in the morning, turn on the coffee,
dress, take out the dogs one by one,
feed them, then eat my breakfast

half a bagel and an orange and coffee
breakfast doesn't change much these days
prayer group next, then check the news

this is the everyday we spoke of

now it's time to vacuum, wash clothes,
sort through things, throw stuff away
take a morning walk since it's sunny

I take a trip to the gas station for
the first time in eight weeks, wear
a mask and gloves to be safe

this is the everyday we spoke of

now is time to write a poem
hope to receive divine inspiration
then curried vegetables and rice for lunch

time for a Netflix movie, Mansfield
Park it is for today.  I hope I will
stay awake with all the business of the day.

This is the everyday we spoke of.

Wild Writing
Day 13

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a good day, Mary. I see netflix has a documentary about Michelle Obama and her book Becoming. The documentary has the same title. That's what I plan to watch today. Yay! I MISS the Obamas. Life had dignity when they were in the White House. Now there is a boor in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling our activities are more similar than ever since so many of us are sheltering in place. People cook, eat, read, and binge watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things sure become daily even more so now. Onward we go though.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.