Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Reflection

Reflection
 
If you feel dejection when you look at your reflection
it may be a projection of your desire for perfection
so perhaps you need correction for lack of affection!

There is no need for rejection through introspection
thus better to practice deflection of disaffection
despite predilection of faulty recollection.

There is an inverse connection between resurrection
of indirection and a feeling of self protection
and often dejection influences your faulty reflection!
 
Written in response to Poetry Jam where the prompt was REFLECTION.

28 comments:

  1. Fantastic, i loved the use of the words and the way it flowed like a river of freedom. Especially the line = it may be a projection of your desire for perfection = Great expressions. Make me think and smile. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha...nice tion-ing...shunning...alan picked my early fav line was that desire for perfection..ugh...too many get caught up in that...

    (think you dropped an 'n')or maybe you were playing off that...ha...

    ha the middle stanza is an interesting dance of words and wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fixed the 'n,' Brian! I hate it when I prove myself to be fallible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to read Mary with the internal rhyme--I am sure that has some more official name! LOL Lots of wisdom here too, which made me go back and read it again after frolicking through the rhymes the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Peggy, for seeing the wisdom, for reading again beyond the rhyme. Truly I did not look upon this write as just a rhyming exercise...but what I express in rhyme I believe

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha you know the cat loves the tion rhymes, such fun times an being wise, looking in the mirror one can don a disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this ... a tongue twister if ever there was one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have some apprehension
    about commenting on your poem
    re reflection in rhyming declension
    cos' form is not in my dimension:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All true - with a great deal of inflection. Very fun. k.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All true - with a great deal of inflection. Very fun. k.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... that's a mouthful, very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ..what fun Mary... i say fun coz what grabbed my attention first was the rhymes which i find really really cute... ha, i must confess i'm quite of a perfectionist type of person and that said people around me sometimes misunderstood my behavior... i tried to change to fit myself in their taste but i realized it's not being me already... maybe i'd rather be hated for who i am than be liked and lose myself... of course changes should be done sometimes but only when it's for the better & improvement of self but not necessarily to the extent of losing the real you only to fit in to what others wanted to see from you.. smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, Mary what fun ;D
    It felt like a tongue twister reading it-I loved that~
    Damn reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. an intelligent take Mary ... enjoyed reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. liked the internal rhyming reflections - good work

    ReplyDelete
  16. A smiler. And finely interwoven lines of insight reflected.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is brilliant ... you explained a lot through perfect rhyming ... beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The harshest mirror is the one inside..it is most often faulty! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have totally captured the attitude one must employ as the years take their toll on physical appearance. And the wordplay/rhyme scheme is fabulous. A bit of Dr. Seuss for adults!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was spectacular. Rhyming poems are a dying breed...this one hit all the right notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha.. this is great wordplay...a projection of desire for perfection..correction for lack of affection....really cool mary...and some nice truth in it as well

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, wonderful wordplay, and with insight as well. Clever, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed the terrific wordplay , Mary!! Your poems are absolutely extraordinary!! Rhymed verses swoop and dive so gracefully...lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun with words. I read this twice but I believe I will be going for a 3rd time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the introspection
    with faulty reflection
    Maybe we need correction
    after an intensive self-evaluation ~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mary, an excellent poem on reflection! I'm very impressed with all the good tion words that you used! And so often our perception of our reflection does need correction. :-) I really enjoyed this! (Used to love tongue twisters as a kid so you tickled that side of me too)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Marvelous....it gives much to learn, think....great!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.