Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Boy and Frog

This is in 'diminished hexaverse' style,

Boy and Frog

There is nothing like
a walk with a boy
around a small lake
when we discover
frogs are everywhere

so the boy tries
to catch a frog
which is not hard
if he grabs fast

but frogs can't
be held long
they wiggle

away
quickly

spring


4 comments:

  1. I love this version of your frog experience - especially the double meaning ending with the wore "spring".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful spring poem. What is it with boys and frogs. I have several memories of my son and a frog he would catch. My daughter, on the other hand, practically had a phobia of them and still does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really keeping up with all these other sites' prompts Mary. Spring frogs -- I haven't thought about them for a long time! It is amazing how so many can appear after the cold winter in your area. They must have a very short tadpole stage!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.