Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drinking Green Tea


Drinking Green Tea


Drinking green tea makes me feel healthy.
antioxidants, no caffeine, does not stain
my teeth. I love green tea when I drink it.
Sometime I strive to make drinking green
tea a habit. Sometimes I keep this practice
a few days, but the habit never sticks. I
am lazy, regress, return to the reliable
coffee pot I can prepare at night. In the
morning I mindlessly turn it on, and it stays
hot as long as I need. If someone brewed
green tea in the morning I would surely
drink it, but for now I'll settle for my morning
jolt of java and savor lazy person’s green tea
later in the day, cold Lipton with Citrus. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Ok. Now I want a cup of green tea. But, I, too am lazy, and the coffee seems to be easier to reach than the tea. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is how I feel about coffee too, thus seldom really DO have green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I liked. green tea - just DON"T like the taste no matter how healthy. I do like some herbal teas, especially ginger, in winter - and can't stand the taste of coffee either. I like the way your poem balances the impulses beteween familiar comfort and healthy new patterns. the green tea and the coffe make good symbols.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.