Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stuck

This poem I wrote using Robert's prompt from Poetic Asides. We had to write about being stuck, something stuck, anything stuck. I decided to write a pantoum.



Stuck

In your existence I am stuck
trapped I cannot escape your fate
ambushed by life run amuck
please lead me to the exit gate.

Trapped I cannot escape your fate
my body is tense, teeth clenched
please lead me to the exit gate
thirst for harmony cannot be quenched.
.
My body is tense, teeth are clenched
I try to slog through mud at my feet
thirst for harmony cannot be quenched
independence has become obsolete.

I try to slog through mud at my feet
I’m ambushed by life run amuck
Independence has become obsolete
In your existence I am stuck.

4 comments:

  1. This is killer hard to read Mary - a great pain stuck poem - I feel sick reading it, and I don't even know what obstacle is being addressed - hardcore here and excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this format, but the sadness of this hangs heavily, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this poem is so full of sadness but I am impressed at your being able to do it in the pantoun form. This one just goes together so smoothly and is so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You (or a fictional someone) really are STUCK in this poem. I think the pantoum form really suits this subject! You are really good at pantoums!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for reading and responding! Your words are gold.